Saturday, January 4, 2014

Wedding Lunch Itineary

In Singapore, people (especially the older folks) are more used to wedding dinners. Wedding lunch, though up and coming, is still a pretty new idea to many. My parents and in-laws were not too supportive of the idea of a lunch (since it's not a norm), but as we've already booked the banquet, they have to accept lor.

My initial rationale of booking a luncheon is to "get it over and done with" so we can rest. For dinners, even though there's a gap between the morning madness and banquet, often you do not have the time to rest or relax since this usually mean the morning madness will drag, or you have to entertain guests, or you may start worrying about the banquet (brides often think too much and worry too much).

There's a period of time when I wonder if I've made the right decision to book a lunch banquet, especially when I'm planning the itinerary for the day. Since we're doing a luncheon, we need to get everything done and be at the hotel before 11 so we can start prepping for make-up, briefing the coordinators/helpers etc. We're doing tea ceremony in the hotel too before the banquet so on paper, it seems like a mad rush. It's crucial to have a reliable time keeper to make sure we are on track and to keep an eagle eye on the time and be "brave" enough to tell everyone (especially the relatives) to cut the crap and move on.

Looking back, if I have the chance to choose again, I'll still have a luncheon. Compared to brides that have a wedding dinner, our day probably starts around the same time 4ish/5ish, but by 6pm, I'm resting in my hotel suite, while couples who have dinners are just preparing for the second half of the "show".

The morning was not as crazy as I thought it will be, thanks to my awesome timekeeper. It also helps that we do not have any gate crash so time is alot more manageable. We even managed to reach the hotel early before the hotel's briefing, and even got the time to chit chat with my relatives before the tea ceremony. I'm very blessed and lucky.

By 5ish/6, I'm in my suite. I knocked out by 7 and woke up around 10+ to bathe before knocking out again. Bliss! :)

In case you're interested, here's my "timeline":

5:15am: mum combs hair for bride
5:30am: makeup artist arrive and starts makeup
6:30am: photographer arrives
6:45am: makeup finish, photo-taking with family
7:01am: groom arrives (pray, tea ceremony for parents, eat tang yuan etc.)
7:30am (latest 7:45am): leaves for groom's place
8:00am (latest 8:15am): arrives at groom's place (pray, tea ceremony for parents & siblings, eat tang yuan etc.)
8:30am (latest 8:45am): leaves for our love nest
9:00am (latest 9:15am): arrives at love nest (pray, 滚床, change etc.)
9:45am (latest 10am): leaves for Sheraton
10:30am: Arrives at Sheraton, briefing for helpers
11:30am - 12pm: Tea Ceremony for relatives
12pm (latest 12:15): Bride proceeds to room for makeup/change
13:00: Luncheon Starts

Seems crazy ain't it? Thankfully, it's really not as rush and crazy as it seems. I think it helps that I have a good time keeper and family/relatives that understands the value of time. :)

Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment