Monday, July 28, 2014

Chia Seed Bread Recipe using Bread Maker

Chia Seed (I'm using Nutiva Organic Chia Seed) is one of the superfood that everyone is going crazy about. It is rich in calcium (gives you strong bones and teeth), fibre (good for digestive health), and omega 3 (good for brain and heart), and alot of other nutrients. It's basically tasteless, and adds a nice crunch to whatever you add it to. I love to add it over my bread spread, to my smoothies, jellies and whatever. I'm now adding it to my bread recipe too! Again, this recipe uses olive oil (no butter, egg, and milk and whatsoever!) I usually add in rolled oats as well since Chia seeds are not cheap (so my 1/3 cup is made up of 50% chia, 50% rolled oats). I also feel that it taste abit off when there's too much chia seed.




Ingredients


Makes 2 lbs (907g) (number in red in bracket is for 1 lbs)
  • 1 1/2 cups warm water (3/4 cup)
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil) (1 TBSP)
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt  (3/4 tsp salt)
  • 2/3 cups chia seed (1/3 cup chia. can mix with rolled oats)
  • 3 1/3 cups bread flour  (1 2/3 cup: 1 cup bread flour, 2/3 cup wholemeal)
  • About 2 Tbsp. sugar or honey (1 tbsp)
  • 2 tsp yeast (about 3/4 of a package) (1 tsp)

Instructions
  1. Pour the water, oil and salt into the baking pan of the bread machine.
  2. Pour in the flour and chia seeds (and rolled oats)
  3. Pour in the sugar (or honey).
  4. Make an indentation in the top of the flour and pour in the yeast.
  5. I use the default basic bread function, 450g and let the machine do it's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment