Thursday, March 6, 2014

Easy Recipe: Rice Glutinous Ball with Ginger Soup


Another of my husband's favorite dish/dessert. 

What you need:
  • Rice Glutinous Ball (I'm using ready-made ones from NTUC)
  • Ginger
  • Red Sugar
  • Pot

Steps:
  1. Bring water to a boil
  2. Slice ginger (about 7 - 15 pieces, depending on how spicy you like), and add into boiling water
  3. Add 2 tablespoon of red sugar (add more if you want more sweetness. Red sugar in general are not very sweet.)
  4. Let the above mixture boil a while, and add the rice glutinous ball (taken out directly from the freezer. do not defroze.)
  5. Once the rice glutinous ball floats up, it's ready to serve!

The rice glutinous balls are ready-made from NTUC so all we need to do is put it into bowling water and cook. Easy peasy! Next time I want to learn how to make my own rice glutinous ball, but for newbie me, this is good enough.

I'm using red sugar here because it's more healthy than white or brown sugar, especially for cooking desserts and they are not very sweet. If you do not have red sugar, you can also use white or brown sugar.

I've also prepared peanut powder to roll the glutinous ball on. Another way of eating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment