Thursday, December 5, 2013

Last Minute To-dos (For Procrastinating Brides)

okiee..maybe you're not procrastinating..just too busy (the excuse I keep giving myself). here's some last minute to dos that are critical, but are often left to the very last minute.

  • March-in Songs
this is a relatively easy one among the list, but may still takes time too, especially if both of you have different taste in music

  • Increase Credit Card Limit for Banquet payment 
(try to do this early.Depending on bank and the customer service officer you go to, this can be a difficult process. Also, do note if you're already paying for stuffs via instalment, the total value of the item (that you're paying via instalment) "eats" into your credit limit, so don't be surprise when say you have a credit limit of $15,000 and suddenly realised that available credit is only $2000. One citibank officer requested I sent in banquet quotation and needs 1 working day to process(which I cannot wait), and another officer do not require me to do so.

  • Wedding Montage (if you're doing DIY)
I'm DIY-ing this since there are so many softwares out there to use, and also cos I'm doing a simple one without all the childhood images. Some software for consideration. All free.

Windows Movie Maker: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-sg/windows-live/movie-maker#t1=overview
This is really good and simple to use. Just download from the link above, add the images (and songs) you want and viola! There's ready templates to choose from and you can choose the transition of each pic. but if you're really lazy, just use what they provide and you're done in 5 mins! I didn't even bother with image selection. I simply drag in the whole CD from my pre-wedding shoot!

Apple iMovie: http://www.apple.com/sg/mac/imovie/
not a mac user but heard this software is really good and easy to use too!


  • Prepare Ang baos
Below is the "market rate" I found online. I'm only using this as a guide and will prefer to follow my heart. I really don't agree with giving the makeup artists and photographers such big angbaos when we've already paid them so much for their service. I think a $12 - $28 angbaos sounds more reasonable.

Get ready plenty of S$50, S$10 and S$2 notes. Go to the bank early to change the notes.

Main Wedding Coordinator : $68 – 108
Maid of honor + Best Man : $68 – 108
Bridesmaid and groomsmen : $48 – $68
Flower girl and page boy : $28 – $48
Usher : $18 – $28 Driver : $28 – $68
Hair and Makeup Artist – $68 to $208
Photographer / Videographer : $108 – $208
Banquet Manager :$68 – $128
Tea Ceremony : $12-68 (Depend on how many kids there are)
Helpers which has least Roles : $12-28

No comments:

Post a Comment