Monday, April 15, 2013

Bridal Boutique

We went to the wedding show at Vivocity yesterday. I wanted to make a trip down as I saw that La Belle is participating in the fair. Based on reviews in the forums, La Belle seem to be a good option.

Honestly, after reading the reviews on the forums, and seeing the pictures on La Belle's facebook, I went with a certain level of expectation. The lady who served us (Ginny) is nice, and not pushy, which we appreciate. However, I must say that I'm really disappointed with the gowns and albums she showed us. They just did not impressed. I wasn't won over or anything. In fact, the gowns and pictures makes me feel blah. Could be the albums we see or maybe, La Belle is just not the one for us. I'm hesitant to make a commitment purely out of other's reviews online, when i personally don't feel much about it. Decided to not make a commitment rashly and decide to pop by their boutique one of these days to take a look.

Since we're there, we also popped-by White Link's booth since they seem to be those "old names" in the industry, and we were always being bugged by them previously when we were not looking for a package. I admit we went in just out of curiosity.

Honestly, White Link's albums are impressive. So are their gowns. I'm super impressed and sold by what I see. What's more, the package rate they offered is super, super attractive (S$2XXX). Where to find a S$2XXX bao-ga-liao bridal package these days? Based on price, gowns and albums, it seems the right thing that we sign with White Link. But i remembered the negative reviews i read on the web, and decide not to make a decision rashly. I strongly believed you get what you pay for. And if they are only charging at that rate when others are charging alot more, there must be a certain catch. Also, I don't feel comfortable with the sales consultant/coordinator. She is super pushy which is something I'm really scared of. After we left the booth, I googled for White Link again, and sure enough, many people are complaining about how Hard-Sell and pushy they are. Glad I did not make a commitment like that as I'm sure I'll be pretty pissed if they keep trying to push me things in future. I do not want to make my trips to my bridal boutique a chore.

And so, time for more look-see. But it seems like we need to make a decision soon. Both La Belle and White Link were telling us we need to go choose our gowns very very soon given our chosen wedding date.

No comments:

Post a Comment